Child Labor and Slavery
We are a non-profit 501(C)(3) organization uniting prominent street artists from all around the world to free children from forced labor and slavery. 100% of the funds we raise go to awareness campaigns and actions on the field to save children, especially the raid and rescue programs operated by the Nobel Peace Prize laureate Kailash Satyarthi and its KSCF Foundation.
According to the United Nations and the US labor Department, there are 168 million children who are forced to work and cannot attend school, in the world.
Progresses have been made in the last 15 years. Yet, there are too many children that are deprived of their childhood, potential and dignity everywhere in the world. We are building today the generation of tomorrow…
Kailash Satyarthi, Nobel Peace Prize winner, has been advocating for children’s rights for more than 30 years. He has organized worldwide marches, changed national and international laws, and personally freed children from exploitation.
His impact includes:
- Leading a movement that resulted in the creation of the first international law banning the worst forms of child labor (ILO Convention182) that was adopted by 180 countries.
- Creating the first social labeling for child-labor-free products to raise consumer awareness and encourage child-friendly business practices (GoodWeave).
- Reducing by 78 million the number of child laborers around the world since 2000 and by 50% the number of out-of-school children globally, thanks to his efforts of Kailash Satyarthi and those of his partners.
Founded by Kailash Satyarthi, the KSCF foundation is working globally to end child slavery and child labor through a holistic approach:
- Freeing children from slavery and labor, and sending them back to school with the raid ans rescue programs.
- Building child-friendly villages free from child labor, child marriage and where every child goes to school child labor,
- Building knowledge through research and training to address gaps and ensure child-friendly policies and laws.
- Engaging children and youth in a campaign focused on ending child slavery by instilling compassion and creating global citizens, like for instance with the 100 Million campaign.
Raid ans rescue programs – Through partners on the ground in India, it takes:
$500 to rescue a child – provide funding for the investigation after a parent files a compliant that their child is missing, rescue, and short-term rehabilitation of these children. Once rescued, children receive immediate medical attention, psychological counseling, are enrolled in school, and are connected to government programs.
There are still 168 millions child laborers in the world. This also concerns the United States and Florida. And Kailash is on a mission to free each one of them!
“I am encouraged to see the passionate graffiti artists using their creative talents
to raise awareness on various issues of children through the SAM Initiative. We must not forget
that we are already late and now every single minute matters, every single child matters.”